One summer you wanted to teach me how to ride a bike because pathetically I couldn't. Pathetically, I still can't. But hey, at least we both tried.
You said we'd go slow and steady, that you'd hold onto the bike so that I wouldn't fall, because that's what I was scared of--falling. Since I trusted you more than anyone else in the world I decided to give it a shot (not to mention whenever you decide to do something, no matter how much I argue it'll end up going your way because I ALWAYS give in). your bike was a bit too big for me, but I managed to get on. I don't remember the starting as much as the process, but you held onto the handle and helped to pull me along. I started pedaling on my own, but I was scared of losing balance because I knew if your hands weren't there i'd fall and who knows what would happen?
After a while of pedaling I had gotten a little used to it and you started singing "Just keep pedaling~ just keep pedaling~" In the tune of "Just keep swimming~" from Finding Nemo. I thought it was the funniest thing ever and started singing along. And then you said you were going to let go because you thought I could pedal on my own. I had no time to object because right when you let go, I fell.
That was the end of trying to teach Esther how to ride a bike. Since then I never tried again. (:
No comments:
Post a Comment